Am I wrong for feeling like some people shouldn't be parents?

My boys are my step children, their mother, who is pregnant again, doesn't call the kids often. We have set up time for her to see the children and then she calls and backs out on it or some thing comes up. She however, is calling or emailing people and saying we are refusing her to see the kids or talk to them. Am I wrong wishing she would just sign over her rights?

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• hey my daughters father does the same thing. doesnt even try to see her and then tells his family that i am keeping her from him! i just stopped trying to set up time, if he really wants to see her he can send me an e mail. its been almost 2 years since hes tried to see her,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• not if it would be the best interest of the children. kids need stability, not a sometimes mom who acts like a teenager.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't think so.

But of I'm a person that honestly feels some people shouldn't even be breathing much less be parents... But that's me... lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No, that's just plain wrong, sounds like she's just trying to gain sympathy, it's a disease can't remember the name of it, but my mother has it. They like having sympathy and the attention of everyone. I believe that some parents also should not be allowed to breed.
    Jessybear87

Answer by Jessybear87 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Even though we have the ABILITY to reproduce, some people just shouldnt! And it seems to be the ones who shouldnt that do OVER AND OVER AND OVER again! Freakin rabbits! I dont think your wrong at all, they like to paint different pictures to everyone else, hopefuly it will get better as the kids get older and can chose how their time is spent!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Why can't she see her kids when ever she want. As long as it is not interfering with their schooling. I think the father and mother of the kids should decide on the times not the step mom.

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• There is a lot of back ground to why she cant see the kids just any time she wants. First she is under supervised visits because she abused the oldest son. Thats actually how we got custody of them. She then became homeless and has had 4 partners since Nov and again isnt sure who the father is of this baby she is having now.
    justme581

Comment by justme581 (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Hey I don't think my stepdaughter should be a mother either so no you aren't wrong she doesn't pick up my grandson on her weekly visits and is behind in child support and then is now trying for custody again Tape ger that's what our ex sil is doing so the judge can hear she's not picking him up.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i know a man who has been trying to get ahold of his ex so he could see his kids. he had even hired a privet eye looking for her. she collects his money on his kids, who the youngest is now twenty, she had to seven different states to keep him from her. he stayed with the j0bs until he found out that she had turned hooker. he finally got to see them when the youngest was 16. hadn't seen him since he was three! not by choice!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My ss's mother gave up custody of them willingly. Her exact words were "I want to have a f$#king like you know". Then she would tell us she was helping a friend move and couldn't see the kids, but apparently, she was telling her family that we weren't letting her see the kids. This was going on for months. Finally, out of the blue, we get a call from her brother telling us that he doesn't understand why, since his sister took us to court and we were found in contempt of court were we still not allowing her to see the kids. He said he was going to hire her a better lawyer and file for custody again. We informed him that she never took us to court and that she's been the one saying she couldn't make her weekend visits. We heard some muffled arguing and then he got back on the line and apologized and hung up.

She's definitely one who shouldn't have had kids. The stories I could tell on that one!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010