who else agrees breastfedeing is really hard???

Did it not make you cry, bleed, crack apart the skin, have you in constant pain, NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRIED> or what advice the lactation consultant offered and no matter how much it was good for your baby.

Let's get the record up front, those who agree ONLY

And thank you ahead to those of you who don't agree, and can't butt out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes, it's hard. Sometimes I wondered why I stuck with it after the cracked nipples and little support from family members, but then when it all fell into place after awhile I knew why I did stick with it. I don't know how far along you are in your journey, but I wish the very best results for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I totally agree, it was one of the most hardest things i have had to do in my life aside from pushing out a 9lbs 9.3 oz baby....lol
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 7:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• it is hard but if you stick to it. it becomes easy, once your baby gets it and its a rutine instead of a learning situation it will be a breaze,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• agreed!! it's exhausting, frustrating, painful, and if you can't produce as much as your baby needs, it's upsetting. it is very rewarding, but nobody can get you ready for it...it's all on you and your baby, if they latch or not, or even if they do it correctly or not. and it HURTS when they don't latch on right!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• let's just say EVERYTHING was hard..at the beginning. i wanted to kill myself (not really!) the first weekend we had him home, all to ourselves, with no nurse's call button over my head. and yes, i hated BFing. it hurt, i couldn't get the hang of it, and was so frustrated!! then Day 4 came..and it all fell into place. the boobalas were sweetly round and pretty, he was getting 'something', and sleeping/peeing/pooping normally...then 6wks later, i went back to work, and he went to formula.
    all's well that ends well!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes..I agree with you. WIth my first child, I had the same problem..my nipples were cracked and bleeding and it was so painful. I knew it was because he wasn't latching on properly..but to try to get him to latch on properly required me to keep breastfeeding and it HURT!! lol I ended up using a Lanisoh gel..felt so much better and then I ended up pumping milk until I had healed. By this time...he was used to a bottle and wouldnt latch on so I just kept on pumping milk...until I had about a 3 month supply in the freezer. With my 2nd baby...I was determined I was going to make it work..and you know what...she took to breastfeeding so easily and latched on the right way from the first try. I had NO cracking or bleeding that time around.I was so relieved. I'm just glad that the first time didnt leave me too afraid to try it again,lol. Good Luck! Hang in there! Youre not alone!!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• it started out hard, really hard, each time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• the first 2 monts were extremely hard! getting the latch right was our biggest problem. and that of course caused a lot of pain and other things to go wrong. once you get use to it and baby knows how to latch on right it gets soooo much easier! dont be afraid to see a lactation specialist or ask for help. there are breastfeeding groups on here that probably have great advise too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes I agree. I hurt and I was BF the way the LC told me too. I believe it was so hard that I am proud of myself and view it as an accomplishment that I did it so long. It is also an accomplishment because no one really helped me, I was alone and I was married!!!!

If it is so easy, then why are there jobs promoting BF and websites, and all? LOL
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It was the first week as both me and my daughter as we both got to know each other in the relationship. I remember breaking down and crying when she was two weeks old because I was engorged and she couldn't latch onto the nipple. After that small hurdle we made it and she nursed for almost 4 years.
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 7:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2010