If you walk for your health, do you walk in the a.m. or p.m.?

I've been cooped up in the apt for a week and really need to get out and walk but the heat is unbearable. I'm trying to figure out if the heat is worse in the a.m. or the p.m. after the sun goes down. I checked the weather website but they say the heat index is pretty close at both times. So I wondered what others do.

Asked by admckenzie at 7:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Health

• According to this article its the mornings.  My best times were in the mornings. 

If you have trouble with consistency, morning may be your best time to exercise, experts say.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• PM,just before sunset when its cooler-in summer
    In cooler months I do near noon when its warmest

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I really like walking in the evening, not matter what time of year it is. I like walking at night in the summer because it is cooler and I always take my dog and he overheats if it is too warm. I like walking late during fall and winter because it is quieter and less traffic and it is more relaxing.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If we dont get started before 8 am we dont go!!! By 9 here its Ridiculously hot!!!! And because of my work schedule we cant go at night, i would love to be able to walk around this time (730) every evening!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I do long distance walking on the weekends, and the only way is to go right before the hot ball of sun comes out!!!!

Answer by older at 7:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i usually walk/go to the park with my daughter and the dogs at around 630-7pm..its cooler..and im just not a morning person!! LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have to wak my dog three times a day,most of the time 4 times a day,no matter what the weather. I live in a townhome without a fenced yard so I walk her for "potty breaks". We go as soon as I get up , then around lunch time and dinner time and always around 9 PM.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I jog and i do it in the PM. right before a late dinner so that my tummy is not full of food. But i also can't leave the kids behind so i have to go a little before dusk.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:39 PM on Jul. 26, 2010