Should my daughter remind her boyfriend to order the flowers for homecoming dance?

My daughter is a senior and is going to the dance. She asked her boyfriend if he wants to take care of the flowers, and he said he would do that. He reassured her that he would. Tonight she is afraid that he may have forgotten. I told her it wouldn't be the end of the world if he forgot. I think that it would be good for him to handle this responsibility instead of always having my daughter do everything for him. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it would be great for him to do this, but if we cant get grown men to remember things, maybe she could do a gentle reminder like asking him where he went for them or what kind he got?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I agree with pp. They are men we are lucky if they remember to brush their teeth. Lol!!...
    MCD3

Answer by MCD3 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• have her tell him what color her dress will be and whether she wants a corsage or a wrist thing. Men don't always think of these things.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• it never hurts to remind him so she won't be disappointed! Tell her it's good training for marriage

Answer by admckenzie at 9:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I think that asking him would be offensive. I would do a casual reminder. Like a "My dress isn't cut to handle a pin on corsage, so can you get a wrist one instead?"
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well she did remind him, and he told her he forgot and has to work a double shift today, so he asked her to do it, and she is swamped today. He could of called the florist this morning, he is lame. I chose not to bail him out this time. She will just have to be upset with HIM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 3, 2008