Smart Elic Daughter

My daughter is driving me insane. She is 3 1/2 and thinks she is 25. she actually tells people she is 25. she is constantly talking back, pointing fingers, bobbing her head,dirty looks, the whole nine yards. I feel like I have tried everything to get her to stop the bad attitude. Anybody have any suggestions besides an exorcism.

TashaB21

Asked by TashaB21 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my 4 year old talks back to me, it's time for punishment. Try taking away her favorite toys until she gets her attitude checked.
    mrsflawless

Answer by mrsflawless at 7:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• lol. an exorcism!

I'd give mine a solid spanking if it ever got that bad. But you know what? She's old enough to behave that way, she's old enough to know about it. Tell her it's rude and to knock it off
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• smart ALEC?
    They all do that ...don't worry about it. Just be glad she is healthy.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You know I think kids mimic their moms and dads....maybe she is just behaving the way you do? Be honest...check on your attitude. Then tell her she needs to dial it down.
    Anonymous

• Make sure she gets one on one time wih you and DH plus praise when she does things right. Lots of hugs and kisses too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• thanks to all who tried, but i have already attempted all of that. spanking, time out, sending to bed, taking away toys, taking away snacks, no outside play time, talking to, yelling at, positive reinforcement. EVERYTHING!!!!!!! this has been going on for a bit now and we have tried all of these things over time but nothing is working at all. does anybody have anything creative to try??????

also. .....thanks Anonymous.....wow!!! you must be perfect and have angel children
    TashaB21

Comment by TashaB21 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• IDK................maybe check out a couple of books on child development. I know there are many, but you might find something helpful. Maybe Google it? For the heck of it, I Googled "dealing with a smart alec child" and a few links came up. One link with good ideas was worst case scenario survivor's handbook. Change up the search words and maybe you'll find something helpful. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• It's normal.
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Not sure if you are still checking these answers?... but if you are, I am wondering does she watch television? and does she have an older teen or very young adult who she may be seeing behave this way? I know toddlers are very intelligent but from my experience (I have 4 girls) mine have never behaved any other way than what they have seen besides typical childish behavior. I'm not trying to say you are acting this way as a previous person suggested!!!... but I know they are very intelligent and can pick up bad behavior/attitude very quickly! If you can possibly separate your daughter from anyone that could influence this behavior and keep her away from watching t.v. I bet you would see a difference within a couple weeks? I do believe in discipline and know that from about 2 1/2 till they start kindergarten it takes a lot of consistently disciplining them, and you will feel hopeless but you will see eventually see results.
    Hommie

Answer by Hommie at 8:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2010