Mental illness?

I have tried to kill myself and honestly would probably kill myself today if not for my son. But I'm not mentally ill. Life just sucks and without my son would be pointless. Why go on living a crappy life just to die old? I don't believe in God so I'm not living for that. What is the point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Health

• you have a major depressive disorder dear it's not normal to feel this way, there is no shame in having a mental illness only shame in not getting help. There is a lot of joy to gain from life little amazing things everyday. I am happy to be alive and i view life as a gift. I would suggest you try therapy and some medications you may be suprised by how different you feel
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Focus on your son and how much he needs you. Go to your local hospital and ask for some help finding a counselor. Or call national crisis hotline 800-273-8255. National suicide prevention line is 800-784-2433. I believe these numbers are current. If not call 411 information and ask. Please get some help.. You deserve it and your son needs you. I wish you all the best..
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If you are contemplating suicide or simply that you have TRIED then YES there is something wrong and you need to seek professional help.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• speaking as a mom of 2 who has tried to kill myself. u are mentally ill. yes because of my kids i didnt slice as deep but i did try to do it and was even hospitalized for it. ur behavior is not ok and u should call the number when of the above gave u. i know ur feelings arent helping u but think of u child and call the number. since coming home and being on the meds i have been much better good luck
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010