quit smoking???

i want to quit smoking since im ttc
any tips
ive tried just plain stopping but i always seem to buy a pack
its hard

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I did it cold turkey and ate mints. lots of mints, enough to gain 50 lbs in a 6 month period. I suggest gum.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I switched to the nicotine gum, then replaced the gum with gummy candies, it also helped me to work out..like running it made me feel better the easier it got to breathe while running and the endorphins are good
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• chew gum and ask any friends and family that smoke to not do it around you... also limit situations that you are more prone to smoke in..

FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I quit 3 Day ago it lasted from 2:30 in the morning to 10:00 the same morning.
    I quit quitting I guess.
    It's so hard.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I quit when I got pregnant with my first, cold turkey, when you have a REALLY good reason, it's not that hard. I did start back up when he was about 6 months old- stupidly, but then got pregnant with my 2nd and quite immediately again. He's 17months now and I've not had a cigarette since that day I found out about him and I never will. I smoked for almost 10 years too, my dh also quit, he had a much harder time than I did, because 1. he wasn't carrying the baby 2. people smoked around him at work, so he cheated alot, but it's now been 2 yrs for him that he's been 100% smoke free. It's worth it, keep trying. You feel sooo much better, you smell better, you don't have to hide it, or try to cover it up to be professional, life is just easier, plus of course chances are you'll live much longer too and you' won't look old and nasty as you age, and you won't sound like a growling bear when you talk when you get older. ;)
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You need to find support to help you not buy a pack. Learn to Quit Smoking
    BecomeAnEX.org Re-learn life without cigarettes. Get a free EX® quit plan
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2010