losing 25lbs asap

im 237lbs and im trying to lose 25lbs fast, really i want to get my weight down to 150 bt thats a long shot,
i need food/drink tips
exercise tips (walking, and at home workouts)(easy though)

i cant go to the gym, and i dnt have weights or videos so make it simple but effective

lauren92

Asked by lauren92 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Cut out the carbs abd the sugar. Walk every day.

Answer by louise2 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm in the same boat, but weigh immensely more. I am jump starting my new way of life with theNIVEA challenge. Simple food plan easy workout routine based on your weight, height, and lifestyle.

http://www.niveausa.com/highlights/local_highlight/local_gbc2010challenge?deeplink_path=bikinichallenge&deeplink_id=8017
    Mrs.Luv-Lee

Answer by Mrs.Luv-Lee at 8:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Bumpin you up ...support is always an important factor.
    Mrs.Luv-Lee

Answer by Mrs.Luv-Lee at 8:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• no more than 2000 calories a day, including drinks, lots and lots of cardio. I got the wii fit, since i have 2 kids and no time for the gym...i did this and in 2 months lost 20lbs
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• well sometimes at garage sales and there's sometimes stores that have sales on wieghts if thats what you want to do. i bought myself wieghts on sale at a store and video's from garage sales but i dont watch the video's. weights dont help you lose wieght unless you are on a diet, they help you gain muscle. you cant lose wieght fast because if you do...it might not stay off. when you lose some wieght that alone will make you feel better about yourself.

if you drink regular soda or diet soda..limit yourself at least 2 a day and drink water, i dropped a few pounds in a week just going from 7-8 a day to 2 and drinking water. i also eat salad for lunch. this doesnt mean that you have to eat salad all day. i eat whatever is for supper as long as i limit myself to satisfaction and not to all the way full. eat when your hungry, not at a time. toast and a egg is what i eat for bfast too, no sugary cereals or milk.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No sugar or processed carbs (lost 12 lbs in a week in a half doing that). Drink at least your weight in ounces of water, the recommendation is half your weight but when you lose weight your release the toxins that were stored in your fat back into your body so you need extra water to dilute it or it can over tax your liver and kidneys. Don't worry as much about strength training as you do cardio. That means less weight, more reps. Fast paced walking, biking, etc. I use www.sparkpeople.com and love it! They have ten minute cardio work out videos (it's free to join and almost everything is free) If you can get at least three of these videos in a day for three days a week you've hit your 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week. It's important that once you start dropping the weight that you start to incorporate strength training in otherwise you'll lose too much lean body mass, but even with that it's low weight and more reps.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 8:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• you can exercise a lot of ways and change your ways...instead of using a chair at the computer, stand. use stairs if you have them in your house as an exercise routine. stand, stand and stand. if you find yourself sitting...get up and do something. make sure everyone follows your food plans and not just you otherwise you will fail watching everyone eating those sweets
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• walk as far and as fast as you can 6 days a week.when you are stronger you can add jogs and runs into the mix until you are running as far and as fast as you can! rent a pilates videos from the library.
    the best you should do for weight loss is 2 pounds a week.
    take body measurements every month, it really motivates me to weigh in daily, but most find once a week works best.
    have water be your only beverage.
    take fish oil, probiotics and powdered greens.
    try for 1/2 of your food to be unadaulterated veggies!
    get 2-3 servings of fruit a day.
    eat brown carbs, rice, pasta and quinoa.
    eat some beans and lean meats, chicken and fish (personally i think a small steak is ok)
    i would avoid dairy altogether.
    oh, eat some nuts and avocados too! you need the good fats so that when you lose all that weight your skin will bounce right back!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• consume lean meat, chicken, brown rice, sweet potato, fat free cottage cheese, whole wheat bread, egg whites. healthy carbs and protein only!

8 glasses of water a day ONLY... no sodas or even "fruit" juices that are actually loaded with sugar...

unable to go to a gym? I hope it's due to a medical problem and not an excuse "I don't have the time, I can't afford it, etc"
    since combing weights with cardio gets you to your results twice as fast

but.... I suppose if you have to.... just turn up the radio and dance your ass off around the kitches for 30 minutes a day everyday...

you would be suprised

-Nicole (personal trainer, basic nutritionist, fittness/figure compeitor)
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• p.s. DO NOT LISTEN TO ALL THESE UNEDUCATED WOMEN TELLING YOU TO "CUT OUT THE CARBS"

THAT ONLY WORKS FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME

GOOD CARBS LIKE BROWN RICE, SWEET POTATOS, AND LEAN MEAT ARE A MUST!!!!

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR A MONTH OR TWO THEN GAIN IT BACK PLUS MORE BY ALL MEANS LISTEN TO THEM
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 8:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010