When you chose your kids names, did you tell right away...closer to birthdate...or after birth?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• OH and WHY? :)
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We told everyone our choice of name right away

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• With our first we told everyone right away. With the second we wanted a surprise for family and friends, we told we were having a boy, but we did not tell his name until he was born.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We kept it quiet until after he was born. We didn't want people to express their opinions on the name we had chosen before hand plus I feel like it's bad luck to name a child before they are born. We pretty much knew the name before hand but we didn't finalize it until after he was born anyway. We wanted to see what he looked like to make sure he looked like a Simon :) (He does).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We told as soon as we knew what the baby's name would be. I just liked them to call the baby by name before he/she came so they would be used to it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My son who is my first born, right away and REGRETTED IT! SO for my second, i held it in just about until her birthdate! I got so frustrated with people mainly my mom offering up names that i was finally like THIS IS HER NAME!!! ugg...wouldnt redo that ordeal for anything!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We told as soon as we had decided...which was pretty soon after we found out. Nobody was going to change our minds. My sister isn't telling until my nephew is born...at the end of September or October. I hate waiting! :P
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 8:43 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I was weird with naming my kids.
    DH was incharge of naming the boy, I had a chance to change it but still wouldn't 'cause I felt like that was already his name.
    And with the girls I knew what their names were when I found out I was pregnant,
    DH had wanted to use a name that we would have used if our son had been a girl, But I couldn't even do that.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Right away... We called the babies by their names from the time we picked them out.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We told everyone right away as soon as we were totally sure that's what we had decided. We wanted people to be able to call them by their name so we can be totally sure we're comfortable with them before they get here.
    MissRJC

Answer by MissRJC at 9:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010