Is It ok if i'm already starting to show at 5 weeks?

I go to the doctor on the 2nd i'm just worried because i am a first time mom.

thorntonwife

Asked by thorntonwife at 8:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that's very unlikely. you're probably bloated,or having quadruplets lol!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You must be farther along than you think. For first time moms they take longer to show than women who have already had babies. Even if you are heavy set you shouldnt be showing yet. I am average size(10) and didnt show until 20 weeks. My sister is a little more heavy and started showing at 12 weeks.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Usually all the weight you gain in the first trimester belongs to YOU, and not the baby. With my oldest I didn't show until I was nearly 32 weeks, but with number 2 and 3 I showed extreamly early. It also depends on the amout of ab muscle you use. If you are in shape it will take longer to show than being out of shape.
    .oOMellyOo.

Answer by .oOMellyOo. at 8:48 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i was a twin and i have tons of twins in the family. I am just concerned because my DH looked at me today and was like i can tell you're starting to show and i know its not normal to show this early
    thorntonwife

Comment by thorntonwife (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• The baby pushes out the "tummy fat" that you never knew you had underneath everything. Every woman is different. You may be bloating, as well. Also, YOU are the one that notices the most minute changes in your own body.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It's probably bloating. At 5 weeks you shouldn't be showing. Your uterus is still tiny.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i hadn't notice until it was brought up, to be honest i'm scared i'm gonna have a huge baby
    thorntonwife

Comment by thorntonwife (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No dont worry that it is a huge baby, it is so small right now (about the size of a peanut). I had alot of those worries too. Stay calm and dont stress, its not good for the baby.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• thanks ya'll i just worry lol
    thorntonwife

Comment by thorntonwife (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010