Yes, another labor question. adult content

I was wondering if when in labor, some women just think they have to poop, but can't. I've heard it's different for every baby you have, so I've got a lot of questions.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I knew I was in labor, but, it felt like bad diarrhea cramps and like I really needed to go. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:46 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I never felt like I had to go to the bathroom. Just felt extremely painful cramping and a lot of back pain. You'll know when labor is real, when it's a real contraction the pain is so bad you can't talk through it.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I never did while I was giving birth.
    I was induced all three times and while waiting
    to have the babies I went on the toliet.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• That is what mine felt like. The nurse even walked me to the bathroom so I could try to push it out. I had my DD 10 min later.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• both of my girls were born in the bathroom!
    every pregnancy is different, and it is common to have loose stools before your baby is born, and it is common to poo a bit during labor too!
    congratulations on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You might be referring to the baby descending the pelvis, mom is pushing, at the end. The sensation is like the BIGGEST constipated poo you have ever felt.
    *You don't have to force the pushing, but that is how it feels in your bowels.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• When the baby drops down for delivery, it does feel like you need to have a bm. It's a lot of pressure down there and you feel the urge to go (kinda like straining when your constipated). That only happened to me right before I was ready to deliver. The beginning of labor was mostly cramping and lower back pain for me.
    virginiabelle

Answer by virginiabelle at 12:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2010