How come my 7 month is not sleeping through the night yet?

Danielle109

Asked by Danielle109 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different. Mine didn't sleep from bedtime to morning until she was 10 months old. She did it twice and then didn't do it again until after her 1st birthday.

You have to evaluate your baby, your family situation, and decide if you want to do anything about it or if you want to go on hoping he'll grow out of it - he might, lots do. I ended up having to let my daughter cry it out. She was just in the habit of waking.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Its not really about age at all. Try a routine. Try to make everything the same each night. Make it predictable. For instance, bath, book, kiss goodnight, give binky...and leave quietly. Speak softly. Oh and make sure that the light is OFF.... Babies dont need night lites... They get distracted by them.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Oh.... good luck :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I cant answer that cause I have a 2.5 yr old that still dont sleep through the night!
    aussiesma

Answer by aussiesma at 8:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• The theory that babies sleep through the night is definitely not true for all. Those that do are lucky. A routine might help, but don't expect it. *LOL* My daughter has slept through the night for quite some time, but many of my nieces and nephews did not. Babies are so different in so many ways. Don't worry though, your baby will get there. Also, make sure that you try to keep lights low and make an atmosphere that she can sleep too. For my daughter, I found giving her a bath before putting her to bed, then reading to her help to settle her in. I have did this since I can remember. Sometimes it just takes some time figuring out what works for your child.
    lovinmyair

Answer by lovinmyair at 8:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• not all babies are sleeping thru thenite at 7 mos. my dd was over 3 years old before she slept thru the nite. she's 5 now and she still wakes up sometimes.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my two yearold and my one year old still dont sleep through the night....lots of luck to you momma!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my son slept through the night at about six months. However, my friends son didn't sleep through the night untiul a year and a half. It's wierd actually because they moved into a new house and that's when within the first few nights of living there he started sleeping all night.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Oh my son's two now and ends up in my bed at 5 am everymorning like clock work
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Ever baby is different. My 8mo doesn't sleep 8 hours "through" the night. A baby only sleeps as long as their body needs. If that is 5 hours then eat, that is what their body needs. If a baby sleeps in a 5-6 hour block, that is technically considered sleeping "through" the night. DON"T let you little one CIO!!!! It is more harmful than helpful!!! My son sleeps better, if I spray his bed with lavender. Something so simply, helps him sleep about 2 hours longer.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2008