Friends?

I just moved to a new town and I am feeling extremely isolated. It doesn't help that my marriage is in shambles and if I'm not at work my husband leaves (he only stays here when I am working and he does not have a job so he sleeps until I go to work). Anyway I have no friends here and it's becoming really depressing. I would love to meet some other mom's or at least anyone i could talk to that isn't my baby. I really don't know where to go or how to make friends anymore...any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• Is there anyone at work that you think you might be able to be friends with? If not, then look into local play groups, take a class at the community college, or take up a new hobby that is sort of group oriented like scrap booking (or roller derby if you're more of the edgy type!). You're bound to meet someone like minded by doing something that you enjoy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would check out a Church. I would also check out listings of local business's that give free demonstrations, like Home Depot or Michael's. Find out if there is a community outreach program, these are done with the local Agricultural Office. They have seminars on gardening, sewing, home making, etc. If there is any type of community newspaper, look for ads for hobbies you like. You will always find friends where you share a common goal or interest. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010