Do you deserve more money than your co-workers

Besides being at the same company for longer than your peers, do you ever feel like if you were evaluated based on output or efficiency that you would get a higher pay rate. Or atleast recognized? Its amazing when looking at the call logs how much MORE i actually do and know than my counter parts. Im definitely proud of myself. and i love love love my job (most days) but sometimes i sit back and i think, what extra has being on top gotten me!? Maybe a great reference when im outta here...IDK!? Any one else do great things at their job?!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• rkoloms nailed it. I keep a folder with specifics of what I've accomplished over the year...how I've saved the company money (and the spreadsheets backing it up), special projects that I've worked on, etc etc. When my review comes around I always have concrete facts on what I've done over the past year that goes above and beyond. It's important to be specific though - hard numbers and facts versus emotional language like "but I work harder"...harder how? in what ways and where is the data to back it up...kwim? Good luck! It really does work! At the very least you won't be stumped at review time when they ask what how you think you've done over the past year! :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I suggest keeping an accomplishment folder, so you have concrete evidence at your annual review of why you deserve a raise.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Eh, I'm still the newbie so I don't think I deserve more than my coworkers. I did have a very productive day today though!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• When I was still working I was making 275 more a week than my boss. I worked harder than she did any way.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes, I think I do. I work harder and the work I do is better. I think there are many folks out tthere who are underrecognized. Hang in there, stick to your work ethic, and hopefully someday you will end up with a boss that appreciates you for who you are and the hard work you do! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes I did when I worked. Two girls always called in sick and I went from 7-12 hour weeks to 40-45 hours because of them, so I was paid more, through my hours.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sure! If you work harder you deserve more as far as I am concerned. Nothing more I hate to see than some lazy co-worker getting paid as much as me, and only doing the bare minimum.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:47 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I am retired,but when I worked I always did my best & gave my all. Many times I worked a second shift because someone couldn't come in. I never said I won't do that because it isn't my job. If it had to be done & no one else would do it I did it. I go0t paid the same as everyone else did. All I ever wanted was a thank you & I got plenty of them!!
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I work just as hard as the other 2 guys, but I can atleast forward an email and neither one of them can figure out how to do that. I do however think that, that is frickin hilarious.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Yes, I work harder and I'm more responsible.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2010