Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do you get paid your spousal/child support?

Do you get paid directly from your ex or do you go through Friend of the Court?

Answer Question

Asked by momofne at 9:54 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,471 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • It is automatically taken out of his paycheck and sent to me.

    Answer by Cochise at 9:55 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Mine is paid from his military retirement check from the government to the Court System. The Court then direct deposits the money to my bank account.


    Answer by Joeygoat at 9:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • shit, I got nothing on my birth son..but adoption asst on my last two...

    Answer by surfcitymom at 9:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • On the rare occassion that somthing comes in from child goes through child support and it gets directly deposited onto a debit card made for child support that I have. I havent used it in so long, I forgot the password,lol. Cheap ba#$%#

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • it goes thru domestic relations and it goes onto a debit card from a bank account they set up.

    Answer by layh41407 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Don't get child support for my children.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • court it gets taken out of his check sent to our local child support agency then to me

    Answer by mscamp0235 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • What c/s? He's supposed to pay directly to me, but he hasn't made a single payment (he is officially 15 weeks behind) and if I ever find his current address, you had better believe I'll be going to C/S enforcement to make him pay through the courts. Thats the only thing I was unhappy about with our divorce - that he was ordered to just pay me, instead of actually being held liable through the courts.

    Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Through the court because if i did'nt I would'nt get nothing

    Answer by mamaofficer at 10:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • In the very rare instance we get it, it's put on a card issued from the state.

    Answer by zadesmom1998 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.