Automatic locks on my van are possessed... I swear!

Yesterday, we (DH, me and DS1) were going down the road and all of a sudden, my van kept locking the doors. This only happens as a signal that a door is open, yet we stopped, re-closed all of the doors, and it STILL kept happening... Like several times per minute. We get home, hit "unlock" so we could open the hatch to get the groceries out... before we could get from the front of the van to the back, the doors had re-locked themselves! Its not supposed to do this!! If the van is running, the locks are nonstop "LockLock...LockLock..." - if it's parked and turned off (no power to it whatsoever) I can unlock it (either from inside or with the keyfob, I get same results) and 5 seconds later it relocks. If any door is unlocked, it will continue "locking" until all doors are locked.

So, should I be looking for a mechanic, or a priest? What do you think is wrong?

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We had this happen with one of our cars once. We took out the fuse for the auto door locks and just opened them manually. It is most likely an electrical issue.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• a mechanic. lol thats how my dh locked his keys in his car the other day. so be careful not to do that!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• what the Hell? watch you have battery power in the am~that is the weirdest thing! see what the mechanic dude thinks?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Lol I say mechanic. That would freak me out.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• this happened to my dad, go to a mechanic
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Call both! lol just kidding a mechanic it's probably something to do with the wiring.
    MomofLogan10

Answer by MomofLogan10 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Mechanic for sure :)
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i would go car dealer because some makes have cars and trucks that lock on time
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2010