Bottles..... help??

I am due in november, and Im struggling to find a good bottle for my baby. Im going to try and breastfeed, but im not too sure on how it will go. Now, I have the dr. brown bottles because I was told before hand they were great. But ALL my friends used dr.brown bottles and says they are a PAIN to clean and they suck. So any good ideaS?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 10:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used the Playtex with the disposible liners. They are BPA free. I've been happy with them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We have always (and will with this one) used the playtex ones with the drop in liners... Walmart has liners that fit them by their "Parents Choice" brand and we always wash and reuse them when they just have water or juice in them... I never liked any of the others we tried...

This months Parenting.com Mag had the "Weil baby Nurser Bottles" in them... They are supposed to be comparable to the Dr. Browns but much easier to clean... The website they give is weilbaby.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:05 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If you have a good bottle brush (Munchkin make a good one) and a good skinny brush for the insert, they really aren't that bad. I liked them a lot!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• hey :) I tried the dr. brown and didnt really like them...but everyone has a different opinon.. with my daughter i use playtex drop in bottles,,, it help reduce the air she got... but you never know you may like the doctor brown bottles you just have to experience with bottles to see which one you like best :)
    bestmomtobeever

Answer by bestmomtobeever at 10:07 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i used avent for dd. they worked just fine. and we had the playtex drop in ones too. she liked them both.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have Dr Brown bottles and LOVE them. They vent any air to the top of the formula, not in the formula. I would sware by them. They aren't that big of a pain to clean. If you rinse them all out first, which you should do with any bottle, they aren't hard to clean. And I wash mine in the dishwasher most of the time anyways. the nipples stick up in those caddy things you can get at walmart. Then the yellow ruber parts that the tube attaches to, sits under the nipples. So one row of nipples, another row of rubber inserts, and the bottles and the tube things fit on your washer sprouts. Hope you understand. I wash by hand at times, but a dishwasher sanitizes too. And when you have 2 baabies to care for, you do what's easiet. But I love my bottles and never used anything else after I started them with my first son....and we went through playtex, nuks, and IDK what else until that was best for his colick and spitting up.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:09 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• and sometimes, the baby chooses the nipple they like anyways if you start trying different bottles
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't buy Dr. Brown's bottles unless you baby has need for them because they really are a pain. We use Playtex VentAire Natural Shape and love them!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My daughter sometimes uses the Playtex Drop-In bottles, but she LOVES the Soothie bottles. They have the same nipple as the pacifiers they give you at the hospital. They're short & fat, I bought mine at Wal*Mart. Inexpensive, too- so I invested in a bunch of them! :o)
    xo_shelby

Answer by xo_shelby at 10:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I love the playtex dropins...but you should try breastfeeding only first. my kids always liked the bottle best after they tried it, I think it comes out faster...lol
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:41 PM on Jul. 26, 2010