Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to drink everyday...

Last night I had a margarita. I am always drinking lately. My daughter is stilll wetting the bed and my husband thinks his yelling will help, and that she is just lazy. He always has to butt heads with my daughter.
It's like living with this man who thinks he knows how to raise children because he's an uncle is the worst thing at times.
But the economy is terrible, I have a felony, feel odd around people, and am an addict. He loves to do things sexually that aren't always OK with me.
My Mom says to stick it out. That not having someone once they're gone is the worst thing.
But the only hard part was knowing that I did not have everything I needed when he called during our 10 month separation. I should have stead gone.
What would you do?
I have the chance to visit my friend in another state and leave him. She invited me to come there and live with her. But my felony is what scares me into staying.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • He's an idiot for yelling to solve a problem that is often cause by to much yelling in the house, and your a fool for staying if you don't want to be with him. That's all I got... sorry to tired to candy coat it!!


    Answer by Morgain at 10:23 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • i would leave him. his yelling could be the reason she wets the bed. and he takes advantage of you sexually.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Sounds like a bad situation. Don't make it worse by becoming addicted to alchohol. Work on yourself, improving YOUR life for you and your child. Find ways to get things for yourself instead of worrying what you can't get without him. Life doesnt have to be so bad you drink to drown it out...a drink it supposed to just be an occassional thing for fun. Put your head together..think things through. Figure out what you want to do with your life and go from there..and don't look back. Think POSITIVE. Good Luck.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • :::HUGS::: First get rid of him. He is not helping your situation, and you would only be helping your self if you removed him from your life. Second take care of yourself by NOT drinking all the time. Moderation is key and if you feel you absolutely have a problem then seek help through your family doctor or alcoholic's anon class. Please, please put your daughter's care in prospective, her wetting the bed isn't the end of the world, she will get it when she gets it. If you need anything, please feel free to PM me, we all have rough moments and I would feel bad if I didn't lend my shoulder.

    Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Are you scared that your felony would cause him to get custody? If he's too lazy to parent the child properly then do you really thing he would want to take her from you full time? I would hope should take advantage of your friends offer, it could help you a lot. Good luck.

    Answer by mommymela87 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Drinking won't help. His yelling won't help your daughter, you, or him if he doesn't stop and you finally kick his ass because you are sick of him yelling at your daughter. Him yelling will only make her pee the bed even longer because he's stressing her out. Drinking will make things worse for you in the short term and long term. I don't know what your addiction is, or what the felony is, though I am very curious. I am going to venture to say your husband is an asshole, and he knows it. He knows he makes you feel bad, and I bet he likes it.
    What IS your addiction?
    You need to stop drinking. You need to do what ever you can to fix things, and not muck them up any more. Don't let him push your buttons. Do what's right for your daughter.
    And your mom is wrong. Sometimes, if the person is a bad person, having them gone IS better then having them around.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • sounds like you both need some help and support. This situation is bad for everyone and you both should get some sort of counseling or be in some sort of program that will help you out!

    Answer by Precious333 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • I'm a recovering alcoholic & addict.Are you on parole or probation? If not then you can move where ever you want.But if you are on parole or probation, talk to your parole officer & you might be able to have your parole transfered their.As far as your husband goes,I'd leave him.I know it sounds easier said then done & us addicts are afraid of change.But you need to think of your daughter.Good luck!!!& remember, you deserve alot better.

    Answer by bvannkissy at 11:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

  • GEES, poor kid!

    Answer by ambr2006 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
my "friend"

Next question overall (Health)
Experiences with Mirena birth control?