my neice body is so stiff is something wrong

she is almost four months and she is still so stiff... She doesnt bend... We called the doc and have an appointment but was wondering if anyone had an idea if something may be wronge... Its almost like her muscles never relax even in her sleep. And she has been crying alot kinda acting colicy... Other that that she seems like a normal three month old but why w=oh why are her muscles so stiff? She just dont bend!

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may have mild cerebral palsy. My son is like that also and he is 6, I have my suspicions but, at his age there is nothing they can do for the stiffness so, I am not going to worry about it. We got him when he was 3.5 y/o. They may try to do physical therapy for her.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• High muscle tone~with cp you can have too much firing~high tone or too little firing to the muscle~ wait for the MD~they won't even dx CP until 3
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I would take her to a Peds. Chiropractor... Many babies receive muscle and or join injuries during birth. A peds Chiro or Massage will and can help, but the longer she is like that the worse it could get. I take my kids from birth on...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I had a friend who's daughter was like that, for months she tried everything to help her LO. Finally in desperation she brought her to a chiropractor and got the baby an adjustment. That is all it took and her baby relaxed. Wait to see what the doc says...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010