Friends invite us for dinner, didn't real mean it???

So how do you handle this? Friends invite you over for dinner with a actual date and time then when you come they are say "I didn't think you'd really come!" No dinner is being cooked. They already ate over an hour ago!

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• OMG, that was rude of them. I think I would be really PO'd!

Answer by dupreemommy at 8:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• WOW. That's just rude to say the least! I would seriously reconsider whether or not u still want to be friends w/ these people. i can't believe sum1 who calls u their friends would do something SO DAMN RUDE!!!!!!!!!

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If I invite people over, even if I KNOW they will not come I always have food ready exactly when I said it would be on the off chance that they do show up! That was really rude.

Answer by Sonylena at 8:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Holy CRUD that really happened.
    I wouldn't to keen on seeing htem too soon.

Answer by jjessers at 8:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Wow. Speechless. Would never trust them again. Friendship would be over. It will probably be a burden lifted off your shoulders. Sorry you were treated that way.

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• That may be one of the rudest things I've ever heard. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I hope you told them not to bother extending any future invites!

Answer by jespeach at 8:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would ask they why the heck they invited you over then! Seriously. Ask them was it a joke, and if so, it wasn't very funny. I've NEVER heard of such a thing. Some people are just freakin' idiots!

• No tact, no class, no friends of yours

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If it ever happens again, call and confirm before going over.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• WOW I would say "OK then we have to go because WE ARE STARVING! BYE!"

Answer by michaelsmommy1 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008