How can I help my child adjust to kinder?

Annette19792005

Asked by Annette19792005 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in

• We homeschool, but I can suggest playgroups and library activities. You can also do some light home education for the rest of the Summer. Good luck!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would take him to the school, see if he/she can do a tour of it before school starts, talk about all the cool stuff he will do/learn, get him used to his lunch kit and backpack, make sure he can open everything, snaps, zippers, lunch containers, make sure he can sit still for 15 mins or so, basic stuff like knowing how to share, play well with others.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i agree, take your little one out and have them sit and listen to other adults, give them space to be themselves and learn to behave, yet stay close enough that they are comfy. the library is great, along with other play group type activities... maybe through your recreation department.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2010