Do I have enough love to give?

I have an off the wall question..I have a three year old son who is my world! And I am currently pregnant with my second child who is also a boy. Now my question is I am scared that I won't show this baby as much love and affection as I do my other one. Like I feel I give my whole heart to Trent how am I going to be able to spilt it with another child. As anyone else went through this or am I crazy? I have a step son but when I was pregnant with Trent I didn't worry about it because I knew Will would always have his bio mom and his dad but now I feel like I will be leaving someone out. I never want my kids to feel pushed away and maybe I am making too much out of this but this is all kinda new to me so bare with me please,if I am asking stupid questions

Jessica0720

Asked by Jessica0720 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You will love your second child just as much as your first. I thought the same thing to when I was pregnant with my son, but there is more than enough love for all the kids
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i'm worried about the same thing. my mom told me that it's like your heart gets bigger and there is just that much more love. she said i would love them in different ways but i wont love one more than the other.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I felt the EXACT same way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could never figure out how I could love another as much as I loved my 1st DD but once she was here it totally just happened!!! It will be nerve racking I know but trust me it WILL just happen- you don't split your love you just find more you never knew you had! Congrats on your new LO!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Once that baby is born you'll realize that your "heart" will expand to include him. You'll give him as much love as you do your other son without even having to try to, it will come naturally! I have 3 kids and before I gave birth to my middle son I also thought that, after I had him it never even crossed my mind again.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies I really thought I was alone in this whole thing...I already feel a little better
    Jessica0720

Comment by Jessica0720 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I like what Colethky said, "your heart will expand to include him". I would like to add to that, by saying give it time once you have him. You'll be so used to giving your first one all your attention, and your attention will be so divided between the two, that you may have trouble bonding instantly with the second one. At least I did. He screamed a LOT as a baby, and I was so used to being in awe over my daughter. But one day I woke up and looked at him, and realized that I loved him just as much, differently, as my first. Give it time and you will find the balance.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:38 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I felt the same way also My boys are 20 months apart and they are now 13 and 11. I loved my first child so much I just couldn't imagine loving  someone else the way I loved this human being. All my worries were for nothing. The love you feel for this new baby will be the same it's kind of amazing. I just had a little girl and I love her just as much lol. The love will be there. I think a lot of mothers have this worry it's perfectly normal.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Same here!

Actually I was really hesitant to start ttc #2 for that simple reason. My dd is my world and a spoiled because of it. I don't mind though, she is repectful, just spoiled is all. I didn't know if I were to bring another little person into my world if I could "share" the love that I have for her with another.

I have never told anyone this because I thought it was a really weird question and didn't want to get bashed for it. I am so happy you posted this, thank you!
    jking48444

Answer by jking48444 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Your Welcome lol I'm actually glad though that you finally got that out, and I didn't ask alot of people about this question either because I was scared they would react the same way.
    Jessica0720

Comment by Jessica0720 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2010