How long after delivery before I have my first bowel movement?

If anyone has an answer please email me. elizabethbaynes1@aol.com. Thank you so much.

lilmisscheerio

Asked by lilmisscheerio at 10:33 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Health

• It was a few days for me. I didn't have any issues and I did not take any medication. I also had a completely natural labor and delivery.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Depends. some drs will give a laxitive to help you go. some dont. some drs want you to have one before they will discharge you from the hosp. again, some dont. with both of my kids, i didnt have a BM for a few days after being sent home (which i got to go home the day after i delivered both times)
    Mom.Since07

Answer by Mom.Since07 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• it was like 2 days for me. take some fiber to help. and drink plenty of water
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It was 2 days for me to, and the hospital wouldnt let me go home till i had a bm. which sucked
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:52 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It was on day 3 for me. Thankfully so because I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital until I had one anyways. It didn't hurt at all which was surprising since I pushed for 3 hours, tore, and had to have stitches. However, about a week later, I was in PURE HELL. Hemmoroids like suddenly appeared, so beware of those. It took me at least 30 minutes to go to the bathroom every time for like a month because it hurt so bad.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• No more than the 3rd day
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010