How do you deal...

with the waiting?! I am a week from the start of my next period but I am hoping that I am pregnant. I have already taken a test, knowing it was too early, but I am still hoping. I even get to the point that I think I feel different...then my period always comes. How do you just not think about it?

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you find the magic answer to this one, please let us all know! It took us over 2 years to get pregnant with our first. Then it only took two months to get pregnant a second time, but I miscarried. It's now been almost 2 years, and we're still trying to get that second one. The disappointment month after month just sucks, but we keep trying.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 6:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Keep yourself busy, that's all I could do and then I would break down and just cry. I had mirena and when I had mine removed it took us a year and a half to conceive and in that year and a half I ONLY had three periods. So month after month I thought I could be and wasn't. I finally decided that I wasn't going to take another test again and I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was almost four months along. I just had had it. Hang in there!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree just keep busy
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• we have been trying for two months now after our ectopic loss and it is killing me to wait and find out too.... so many symptoms we "think" we notice and then BAM there's a period and then I'm sad! I hope it happens soon or I am going to lose my mind!!!!!!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Just stock up on pregnancy tests, LOL. You can't outrun the desire to know! I always think I'm pregnant, not being on birth control.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:58 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I had to just try not to think about it. And like the other said, keep busy. We tried for 3 years for our first and it was horrible.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree with all of the above. As hard as it is, if you do something that has nothing to do with pregnancy at all it helps.
    starlette17

Answer by starlette17 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2010