Are you ready/prepared for.....?

I was just looking into the american red cross and just ways to stay prepared for disasters like earthquake, flood, fire, terrorism.
Earthquakes are a big worry here in the coast of California.

There are so many tips on ways to just be one step ahead. We're in the midst of putting together a disaster kit, which is a kit that covers all of the above, and a plan, in case of emergency. One for the house and a smaller one for the car. Do you have anything similar?

PS in no way am I saying that anyone should live in fear, I am aware that some people take extremes to this sort of thing, but just general preparedness.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 11:01 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We are always prepared for a hurricane. I live in Fl and we make sure that we have a ton of canned goods as well as water coming out of our ears. We rotate and replace. I don't have an emergency kit for my car but I know that I should.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:04 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• we are not prepared but I know we need a disaster prepared kit
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I have some bandaids in my purse and some gallons of water on top of my fridge. If anything real big hits, I'm dead anyway, so scavengers can come along and take my bandaids if they want.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Personally I see no point. Where I live the ONLY natural disaster we face COULD BE a flood, and seeing how I live a 1/2 mile up hill from the river and nearly as far inland, if we flood, someone had better have an ark cause we are all dead! Our area doesn't get Tornadoes, earthquakes or the like and if there is a fire the last thing that's gonna help is our survival kit in the basement... Plus, my mom lives less than a block from us and she has clothes and whatnot for us there (since we swim at her pool)... We are about an hour from the city, so I don't see terrorism being an issue in our small town (less than 5000 people for our town and the 2 neighboring) and again, if it is, I don't see a few rations being of any help.

We do have our paperwork and whatnot in a fireproof safe & have a blanket in the car, but beyond that - what's the point?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We had to put one together for our adoption home study, but that was 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure the canned food has gone bad and the clothes don't fit us anymore. LOL
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2010