Am I over reacting I need honest responses here

I had a friend over for a party on Saturday, my son turned 3, Her kids are 7 and almost 3.

Her oldest child went into the bathroom to use it, well he didn't shut the door, he comes out in front of everyone at the party telling them how my son saw his penis and kept going on and on about it. WTF? My son is 3 years old he doesn't know that a no no, he just knows he went with daddy when he was being potty trained which literally was NOT that long ago. This kid is 7 years old shouldn't he have know to shut the door??? Another thing they go back in the bedroom and play all of a sudden he starts chasing Justin around the house saying he was a serial killer and that he was going to cut him up into tiny little peieces and serve us his heart. Ummm this kid is 7.

NOT DONE TO BE CONTINUED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not only are you not over reacting, but this is something you just must do. I completely agree with you. This is one of those situations when you have to risk offending someone in order to do what's best for your kids. If there is another invite from them be direct but kind. Politely say you don't feel comfortable having your kids around hers because of some things that happened at their last visit. Leave it at that unless she inquires more. If she asks then give her specific examples. Best approach is to say how it made you and your kids feel, not to tell her what she should have done or what's wrong with her kids - even though you could give a list. Hopefully presenting it that way will make her re-evaluate things! If it doesn't - oh well! Your job is just to protect your family.
    creative.kelly

Answer by creative.kelly at 11:31 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Even with the to be cont. I don't think you are over reacting at all! They need to intervine. And you need to keep him away from your kid!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Your friend needs to get her & yr old check out or stop letting him watch horrors.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sorry screwed up
    Your friend needs to get her son checked out and stop letting him watch horrors
    mommy_of_two388

• Her 3 year goes into my kids rooms and starts taking their toys and using them like they are baseball bats and slamming them into everything he can hit it with. I ask him to stop because his Mother is refusing to do anything and he keep going. He comes out and repeatedly kicks my sliding glass door HARD and I had to yell at him to stop. He kept sticking his fingers in my son's cake. And his Mom did NOTHING to stop him. My son was extrememly premature so for 8 months old he is the size a 3 month old right now, Joshua was in his swing and the little one started pushing him aggressively, Mommy did nothing so I yelled at the kid to stop, my son is still very fragile. Am I over reacting by not asking the mother not to bring them back over until they learn to act and listen better?
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• absolutely not. you are not over reacting.
    if you don't want to start any trouble, then just don't say anything and not invite them over anymore.
    if you want to tell her how you feel, then tell her.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I don't think you are over reacting. The last thing you want is for your kids to mimmick the behavior
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It is difficult when it is a friend, but your children are your first priority and I would NOT want my children around kids like that!! And the sad thing is, ALL children have the potential of being good - it is all about the parent!! A 7 year old shouldn't even KNOW what a serial killer IS or what they do!! So to answer your actual question - YOU ARE NOT OVER REACTING!! She needs to have better control of her kids!!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Thank you - all of you
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• NOT overreacting!!!
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 11:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010