is there any side effects of c section and why normal birth is better

i heared alot of mom saying they have c section

hadia

Asked by hadia at 11:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For one, a c-section is major surgery and the recovery is more difficult. You also automatically have to be medicated and you don't get to bond with your baby immediately. Here are some other c-section risks:

Infection
    Damage to uterus and other organs
    Higher risk of blood clots than vaginal delivery
    Higher risk of death than vaginal delivery
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• are you serious?
    google it.

And join Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth group here on CM.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:27 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• The reason why child birth is much better is b/c u bond with the baby born and have the experience of the baby coming out vaginal. U do feel the contraction while in Labor but they can give u stuff for the pain like epidoral. I had my son vaginal and I love it of course I did ask for drugs cause the contraction was little bit to strong but it was great experience ever. And with vaginal delivery no marks likes a c-section. If u want to share any more or have any more question u can come join This is for me on CM or Sexy Super Mom on CM
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• When you have a C Section , over 7 layers of abdominal muscles are cut through . Recovery takes up to 10-12 weeks at least ( assuming there are no complications) and all the stuff the other ladies said. Most people "opt-in" to C - section in order to have their babies on a date suitable for them. Personally I think that is highly traumatic for the baby involved.
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 11:59 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• There are many reasons to avoid a cesarean if possible. (Ans it's usually possible.)

I think the biggest reason/risk is a much greater chance of death. Also blood loss, infection, many more.

You hear of a lot of cesarean births probably mostly because of convenience. Although moms might be told it's something like a "big" baby, breech, etc. is a legit reason, other care providers / locations will attend a normal, natural vaginal delivery.

From what I see-hear-read, the greatest risk for a cesarean seems to be who you hire and where you choose to deliver.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i wanted to have my son naturally but because my labor was induced due to preecclampsia there were complications. basically my labor stalled, like it does with many women who are induced, and my son's heart rate continued to drop into dangerously low levels from being stuck n the birth canal for hours. they wheeled me away for an emergency c-section. it was horribly frightening for me. they didn't even have time to give me an epidural. they gassed me and cut him out of me.
    i have heard from lots of women that they have lower back pain the rest of their lives after having an epidural. there are also other complications like spinal headaches. the recovery was a nightmare. i was in so much pain the first time i had to get out of bed i cried. i had to be medicated for weeks afterward which i hated. i took them as little as possible because they made me sleep constantly.
    Rendezvous2.2

Answer by Rendezvous2.2 at 3:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I had 3 c's. No fun. But I had this was the only way for our family. I wish I would have had vaginal deliveries and of course that is the way God made us to have children, so avoid c's if you can at all cost however if you have to have one everything will be fine.

I did bond with the baby soon after. You'll have time to bond even if its 30 min after birth. No its not ideal but its ok.
    The only side effects were the pain, then you take some meds, breastfeeding was a little challenging but I nursed them all past 1 year of age. Oh and you may have to wear a lot of dresses in the beggining so that nothing is around your waist where your inscission is. Its all about perspective.
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 4:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I had 3 vaginal deliveries and 2 c-sections. You do get to bond with your baby very shortly after having a c-section - they brought my daughter in to me within about 20 minutes of the c-section. I don't think that 20 minutes apart affected our bonding at all! The recovery is a little longer, but for me my last 2 c-sections were much less traumatic than my first vaginal delivery which was a horrible nightmare. I had my last c-section 2 weeks and 4 days ago - I am pretty much back to my normal activities with hardly any pain. My first vaginal delivery took me much longer to recover from than either of my C's.

Answer by missanc at 8:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• C-section is SURGERY. It takes longer to heal, and more time in the hospital. I had dd naturally and went home the same day. It was wonderful. Everyone has their own reasons for doing whatever they want to do. It's a personal choice. There are dangers and limitations to either way. Just be sure you do what you are comfortable with, and don't get forced into doing something you don't wnat to do.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010