How dramatic is the change from 2 to 3 children?

mommyac

Asked by mommyac at 11:32 PM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I did not notice a difference. Of course my kids were all 3 years apart. I am on number 4 right now and there will only be 20 months between them.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I didn't notice a change either. I also had my three in 33 months. We just added a car seat in the car, some more diapers in the diaper bag away we went, lol. I can though, tell a difference when one is missing (sometimes my mom or mil will take one or two of them for the day), then the house seems exceptionally quiet. I think it was a bigger change with one to two.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:44 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Both of my older kids were in school full time when #3 was born. The hard part for me was getting everyone ready and out the door in the morning (DH was at work at 5 am.) The little one was a severe refluxer which really made it a challenge. It gets way easier after the first year.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:45 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think it depends on the age of the children. When we had our 3rd child, our older children were 10 and 13. It wasnt just a major adjustment, it was a lifestyle change.
    My sisters however have had their 3 children 3 to 4 years part and it seems to be a rather seamless transistion.
    Good luck. :)
    elle31106

Answer by elle31106 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We are still trying to get used to having 3 and our baby is now 1!! Our boys are 5, 3 and 1 (the 5 year old will be 6 in September); for us it has been a battle not being able to give enough individual attention to our boys, instead it's like half attention for all of them but most for the baby. For the first few months my husband took over bedtime for our older boys, now they are all mostly going to bed around the same time so we can combine bath/bedtime sometimes which is nice; for me it's been weird feeling like I'm not able to give each one what they need/want from me even though I'm a SAHM. It is hard getting all 3 ready to go somewhere by myself, even a "simple" outing requires preplanning and prepacking but everyone's in a happier mood if we have an outing (park, library, store). I think we are finally getting into the groove of it!
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 12:03 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Not much changes other than you evening conversations goes from sweetie which book do you want me to read? to Why did you cut your brothers hair with a potato peeler? & Excuse me poison control lady, is diaper cream is non toxic when eaten?..lol
    ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 11:27 AM on Jul. 28, 2010