front carrier question

could a 2 week old baby get SBS from a front carrier????

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 12:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what is SBC?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• sbs- shaken baby syndrome
    mandie_jean

Comment by mandie_jean (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Always carry your little one facing you - but I think you aren't supposed to use those carriers until your baby has at least some head control. I think my son was about 3 mos old when we started. I highly recommed you read the users manual!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• No, SBS takes vigorous force, remember your baby has been used to being bounced around as you walk inside of you for many months. If they're in the carrier snugly it should feel no different to them, it's actually very comforting to them. It kind of lulls them to sleep and feels familiar to them. I suppose if you went jogging then that might be a little different.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• agreed with previous poster too, always facing you, and in froggy position is best, the moby is great for newborns. I think they may recommend them being a certain weight first though. Oh and ring slings our pouch slings are not recommended for tiny babies anymore, it was a consumer report recall, because the babies can assume a position that collapses their airway and it can go unnoticed while you're carrying them. Good luck.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh i might just be a little paranoid... just got scared because my baby has been kinda irratable since i took him out for a walk... he wasn't going back and forth or anything like that but it just scares me a little :|
    mandie_jean

Comment by mandie_jean (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Try not to worry mama...I know, that's impossible!! But that carrier will be your best friend if your little guy is anything like mine - wanting to be included in EVERYTHING I do. That was by far one of our favorite pieces of baby gear.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• your fine!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 7:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• You were jogging with him were you? lol
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 8:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• no but baby should always face in and don't use a "crotch dangler" type, those modern things don't align a baby's hips properly. a baby that age should be carried chest to chest with legs pulled up, knees bent, hips spread in their natural angle.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2010