How are you doing with mirena?

Just curious to see how other moms are doing that have had mirena.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Health

• I HAVE BEEN ON MIRENA FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NOW, SO FAR SO GOOD. THE ONLY DOWN SIDE I CAN SAY IS THAT I HAVE DEVELOPED SMALL CYSTS, NOTHING MAJOR AND THEY AREN'T THERE ALL THE TIME BUT WHEN THEY RUPTURE THEY HURT LIKE HE@*!!! THEY ONLY SHOW UP ABOUT EVERY 6 MONTHS OR SO. iT FEELS LIKE VERY BAD CRAMPS FOR ABOUT 2 DAYS THEN I'M FINE! MY PERIODS HAVE BASICALLY BECOME NON-EXISTANAT, I HAVE HAVE ONE ITS SO LIGHT I COULD WEAR A BAND-AID AND IT ONLY LAST FOR ABOUT A DAY!
    ALL IN ALL I GUESS I COULD SAY I HAVE HAD A GOOD EXPIERANCE WITH IT, NO WORRING ABOUT POPPING PILLS EVERYDAY!
    Pixie62971

Answer by Pixie62971 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had it for 3 years. I really liked it a lot. I also got small cysts but they went away after some cramping. My period stopped and I would have occasional spotting (once every4-6 months?)

I got it taken out because I wanted to have a baby within a year. Everything I had read online was a little scary. People were saying it took them months to get pregnant. I got it out..and the next month I was pregnant. So far so good.

FYI: When you get it inserted or removed..you can get heavy heavy cramping and bleeding. It does go away but it wasn't easy to tolerate. After I got it removed I was ok for 2-3 days then all of a sudden I was bleeding heavy for a week. It did go away..obviously because I got pregnant =)
    Anonymous

• I personally have never had it. But my best friend had it and it perforated her uterus, They had to surgically remove it. And eventually ended up costing her one of her ovaries!
    Anangelsmommy7

Answer by Anangelsmommy7 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have one. I have not had any side effects that I know of. I recently found out it doesnt help with ovarian cysts. But I had them before the mirena. Lighter periods if any. The only thing is all the people telling you it is a form of abortion and you are killing the kids you are intented to have. I have heard alot of that. I love the mirena and am glad I have it.
    meljones30

Answer by meljones30 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2008