Have you ever been so depressed about finances that you don't know how it will get any better?

We are a family of four with one still in diapers and are hurting bad finacially. I stay depressed. I've been looking for work for nearly a year. My husband has a job that is highly stressful and stays there because he has to. We've tried applying for jobs both of us and nothing ever happens. I'm SAHM and I adore being with my kids, but I HAVE to have income. Its really bad. The only thing that is going to help anything is more & flat and simple. I've yet to hear back from potential employers. even called some back and get the brush off. I've always been able to provide for my kids and its killing me. I hate seeing my husband go off to work each day knowing he's miserable with it and knowing that things like Christmas are coming soon and I will have nothing for my kids. Some of the places I applied I nearly begged them to hire me and said I didn't have enough availability due to having to be home 1/2 the day to watch kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have been there, it took me a year to find the perfect job, it was at the elementary school my kids went to. I have no degree, and little job experience, but was able to pass the entry exam they give. I started off as a substitute for the other teachers aids, bus stop duty, crosswalk duty, playground duty and worked from 9 til 12 and then more hours when the kids got older and were at school full time. Because I was a sub I could say no when my kids were sick or I had things to do. Have you tried applying at a school, you didn't mention if your kids are school age, but if they are,even in kindergarten, this may be the best bet! Good luck, OH and try selling stuff on ebay, it takes time but it's paid for lots of our small expenses.
    josts

Answer by josts at 1:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I changed my financial situation by becoming a Rep with Juice Plus. It's $50 to get started and $$$ bonuses are offered each month. Now I help people be healthier and wealthier. i am at home with my family and I love it. www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I totally understand how you feel. My Husband was laid off in March of 2009. Thankfully he did get a job six weeks later, but he's only making half of what he used to make. :-( Our life totally changed. Our daughter was only 2 weeks old when this happened, and our son was 19 months old. The past 16 months have been really rough on us. Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 17 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Many Blessings!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2010