my 14 month old climbs dangerously on things and if i tell her no she laughs and tries over and over , what can i do

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 12:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol i have the same problem... crazy girl she thinks shes invincible!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• if she absolutely won't listen to you then it's not too early to start time out. When my daughter was that age if she wouldn't listen to me I held her in my lap without anythign to play with or look at for the count of one minute and then explained again why she was in trouble and that she had to listen to mommy. Worked wonders.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• my son is 2 and 1/2 and he likes to do that sort of thing - he likes to run in the street though. ignores me when i say no to anything. kids are stubborn
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• most kids are like that, just try to keep a close eye on her,,,
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 2:09 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Bouncy ball with the handle on it. With my climber it was a sensory input need. The ball gave him the same input he needed in a more acceptable form. Now if that ever becomes an Olympic sport I have a gold medalist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Remove, Redirect. Show appropriate places to climb. If you need to be on the move or must do chores then wear her in a sling/wrap. they like to ride and watch.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2010