When is the right time for a child to visit the dentist for the first time?

My ds turned 3 in March and I took him to my dentist in February, who also serves children, but it was a bust!! He wouldn't open his mouth at all! My doc gave me the # of a pediatric dentist which I plan on calling but I'm not sure if its still too early for him... is it worth the try? Or should I wait a little longer? What are the risks of waiting? Better yet, should I have already taken him in? Laura from NY

Asked by rjsmom711 at 3:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i say 6 to 8 months thats what are pedi said just to make sure the teeth our coming in they also recommened us to not use certain toothpastes

Answer by Patience1 at 4:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Try taking him to a childrens dentist. Mine go to Small Smiles, and it's wonderful. the people there know how to make kids feel relaxed.

Answer by kaysha at 9:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• as soon as they get their first tooth. call a dentist office or ask your pediatrician

Answer by jaes347 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 1, 2008