How do i get her to sleep!!!!

how do i get my 9 months old daughter to go to sleep. she goes to sleep fine for her naps but when it comes time for her to go to bed at night she just screams and screams and if i should just let her scream how long is to long? i'm trying to put her to bed right now and she is in there crying she has been in there for 5 min how much longer do i leave her in there before i go get her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she isnt ready for bed? Do you just put her down at a certain time? If so, wait until she gives tired cues -rubbing her eyes ect. and then put her in bed.
    Anonymous

• Does she have a schedule? try to make bed time at the same time every night. wake her up from her last nap with enough time for her to get sleepy again before bed. You do not need to go get her. she knows that if she cries loud and long enough, you will come in and get her. let her scream and she will fall asleep soon enough.
    GiannisMomma

Answer by GiannisMomma at 9:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'm trying to remember just what I did. I watched a show and it worked. YOu let her cry then go in after about five to ten minutes, but you don't pick her up, you check on her so she knows your there and tell her good night. Then you leave the room and let her cry herself to sleep. Or check again in ten to fifteen minutes. It's very hard and upset my husband and I a lot, but it workesd. It teaches them to fall asleep on thier own and to get back to sleep when they wake up at night. I never had a problem with my son going to his own bed and going to sleep when he got older. Hang tough!
    funmom09

Answer by funmom09 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Routine... for example, bath, book, swaddle, binky, kiss goodnight, exit quietly. Lights off, babies dont need night lites... Good luck... also dress baby a little warmer at night.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i do the same thing every night i give them a bath i also have a 2 yr old who never have any problems going to sleep by himself he actually preferd it. then brush their teeth, story, and then put him in his bed and he goes to sleep and give her a bottle then i put her in her bed and give her her passy and a stuffed animal she has to hold onto something to fall asleep. how can i not go get her i dont like to here her cry. i guess thats why she is this way huh.
    Anonymous

• Are you putting her on her stomach, back or side?? I tried for so long to get my son to sleep on his back but he would refuse and just scream his head off. Finally I put him on his stomach. I know they tell you not to do it but i dont have any other blankets, pillows, or stuffed animals in the crib. Hes happy and it helps him go to sleep quicker. I always give him a bath and than a bottle with a little more than he normally drinks and i always warm it. Once in the crib give her a kiss, pat her for a few minutes and go away... wait five minutes... go back in pat her again tell her to go to sleep.... leave and than wait 10 minutes. . than again for 15....avoid taking her out of the crib. its okay to let her cry... as long as she has ate... burped... been changed... and had enough cuddle time, she is fine. it wont hurt her to cry a little and eventually she will become so tired she will just fall asleep.
    Megan711

Answer by Megan711 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• move her feeding time closer to her bedtime. If you feed her gerber that is the best about 30 mins before you lay her down. also if you still have her in the same room with you at night move her to the nursery. also don't worry about the crying , 5 mins is not that long and if you keep running in to get her your training her to believe if she crys she will always get what she wants.trust me i have a 9 month old who fake coughs for attention when shes in her cars seat.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the other moms about the schedule.
    My DD has been on one since day 1 and has been an awesome sleeper since birth.
    I give her a bath at 7, play time until 8, story and brush the teeth (well, gums, she has no teeth yet) and nurse until she starts to drift off, then she goes in the crib and goes to sleep. Good luck momma. There is also a great group on here called CIO alternatives. There are lots of tips to get your little one to sleep withot making her cry and stress herself.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Check out www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous