• In the Spotlight:

Do you have any good ideas to make some extra money? I sit at home all day is there anyone out there that has some crafty ideas that helps them make money?

PLEASE no surveys or online type things. I'm needing ideas though because my husband is laid off and we live in Alabama THE SOCK CAPITOL and all the mills are closing which means everyone is out of their jobs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• I've got plenty of online ideas for businesses and jobs if you change your mind.

As for crafty things I don't have time for any but here are some ideas:

Christmas Ornaments for the upcoming holidays

Baby blankets or quilts (knotted ones are easy to do)

make candles or jewelery

if you sew make bids, cloth diapers, burp clothes, etc.

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I sell PartyLite. Check out my web site (www.partylite.biz/jmsharp) and let me know if you want more info.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! I would love to share the information about our company!

http://www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 10:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Ameriplan! Its a great stay at home business... I'd love to tell you more. :)

Best Of Luck!! :)
    stephany21

Answer by stephany21 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• avon and marykay? both let you be your own boss and let you pick ur hours so you can still do this after ur hubby finds work.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Please visit my profile page. You can email me or call me for more information. My business has been featured 3 times in the entire issues of SUCCESS FROM HOME.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Do you have a graphics program? Can you make graphics?
    If I so, I can point you in a direction that costs nothing to start and only $6 a month.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Keep it simple. Look at Scentsy. Our products are simple, great quality, unique, affordable (people love our prices), fun, easy to share, etc., etc. Visit me at http://www.saferscents.com. I can share the scoop on the business with you. People are loving Scentsy, but so many people are just seeing it for the first time. Why not be the first to share it!

Enjoy!
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 11:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I work at home as an independent business owner with Ameriplan. I'm a benefits specialist and recruiter. We make 30% commission from every single application we fill out. .and that income is residual, which means you make money off the same people over and over again. You work your own hours, there is no boss, and most importantly. . .you get awesome free training to help make your business a quick success so you can stay home with your child(ren). So if an at home business is what you're looking for go to our website and fill out an interview request form www.freedomathometeam.com/bfleming.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Brandie Fleming
    Independent Business Owner
    branflem

Answer by branflem at 2:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Go to this website and you will find a huge list of legitimate work at home jobs that you don't have to pay to begin. They have no setup fees.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4532834_legitimate-work-home-job.html
    kleighwickham

Answer by kleighwickham at 7:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2008