Yeast infection while pregnant

Has anyone taken fluconazole while pregnant? I was prescribed this for a yeast infection and have had some complications with the pregnancy. I just want to make sure that this is completely safe before taking it! My doctor isn't always the most helpful and when I asked if it would hurt the baby she said "well it shouldn't." NOT the answer I wanted to hear!! Thanks for your help!

ConnersMom1204

Asked by ConnersMom1204 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Health

• Yes I had this when I was pregnant - I had a midwife and shge said it was perfectly safe and I never had a problem with it and the infection was gone in 2 days.
    Anonymous

• omg, I had like 4 yeast infections with my first pregnancy... It is safe but they told me not to inject it too far up. Put it in half way and go to bed.... Then just have a yogurt a day for the rest of your pregnancy!
    missiaki

Answer by missiaki at 9:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Well, I am pregnant and just was prescribed one today and yes I took it. Not treating your yeast infection can cause premature labor and still birth. It is a safe medication to take while pregnant.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 9:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008