• In the Spotlight:

Who do you find the most offensive and quickest to bash on here?

Christians, Atheist, Pagan, Wiccan, Muslim, Jewish, etc. and why? What ex.?

I personally see more from the Christians with the hollier than thou attitude. Even though I am Christian I always go back at them for this attitude, because I find it to be hypocritical, and ironic. However this is a poll just to see what others think about this? I am asking because I always see why are Christians bashed post. I find this ironic, and am looking to see if my opinion may be off or if I am missing some thing I don't know about or haven't seen

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• born again, sin hatin', Jesus loving, King James Bible reading Christians
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• A very specific subgroup of Christians - mainly the ones who seem to have lived sheltered lives and don't even understand that telling people you'll pray for them and how they "need" to find Jesus, accept the lord, etc etc is so absolutely offensive. The extension of that are the ones who know damn well how offensive it is (usually because they've been told repeatedly) and do it anyway, like the ones who single people out and call them rapists or tell them they're going to hell because they have the nerve to disagree with a religion - they take an opinion about a thing (the religion) and respond to it with a personal attack instead of more discussion of the same thing (the religion). They absolutely do not understand the difference between a belief and a person - they insist disagreeing with their faith is a direct personal attack on them, which "justifies" the hate they spew in return.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have to say the evangelical Christians are the bashers here. (And heaven help anyone who bashes them because then we all have to suffer the "Oh no! I'm a Christian and I'm being persecuted for my beliefs!" posts - though, really, Christians, at least in America and many other parts of the world - I won't say all - have NO IDEA what real persecution is).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i am Christian and i have to agree with you about them. there are ALOT of Christians with the holier than thou attitude and it drives me nuts! it is so hypocritical, that is so not our beliefs and we shouldn't act that way. but i see it way too much, even among my relatives.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

^^This!

But really, anyone that uses their religion or beliefs as a way to justify hate...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• So the next question is, do people reading this and even going so far as to downvote my answer understand that it is the same answer being given by multiple people of every religious background -including people of the same faith? Do they think this is some sort of mass persecution or conspiracy, or is it possibly sinking in that when THAT many people from THAT many different social and religious backgrounds come to the exact same conclusion, there is a legitimate issue there that needs to be acknowledged? There are people who have answered this question that aren't even R&B regulars. How can you see that and still tell yourself it's everyone else's problem and not you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Oh...of the religions. I've been bashed by atheists more than anyone, but that's just personally. I think everyone does a fair share of bashing.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Christians are the quickest to bash.  I've been a member of cm for 3 years now and I've NEVER had a Pagan, Wiccan, Buddhist, Satanist, Jew or Muslim disrespect my beliefs, but Christians do it several times a day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well, I never attack anyone for religion, but it has happened to me. I'm not new to the section, but I don't read each and every questions.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:28 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• On here? Everyone.. no one group. Because we are not all going to agree. But, there are times when someone will take questioning as bashing and go off, and then it starts a chain reaction...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2010