Do you think it's okay to judge people??

Is there any rationale for healthy discernment, or is it just politically incorrect to make personal judgements about people at this point in history?

Blabbermouth

Asked by Blabbermouth at 2:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Of course there's a rational place for using your best judgment about someone. If you're walking down the street, and someone seems to be getting strangely close to you, you have done nothing wrong in holding your bag tightly and being prepared to run. If you ask a difficult question to a group of people, and someone who was just telling you about what their psychic told them gives you an answer, it's reasonable to suspect that their discernment skills are poor and their answer may be really off the mark.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:39 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Personally I think its impossible not to judge (ever). I think what is important is to be aware of why I am judging and if its fair and reasonable.
    ineedscents

Answer by ineedscents at 2:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it's wrong, but it's something I do occasionally without control.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i agree i dont think it is possible not to pass judgement. it is something ingrained. i try to be respectful with my judgments when i do make them
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 4:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't think one should judge people, except for friends and family, until you know their situation. People are quick to judge others without knowing the circumstances of why they are acting a certain way. But of course there are people who are exactly like you perceive them to be.
    mecontumacious

Answer by mecontumacious at 11:17 AM on Jul. 27, 2010