Do you ever use profanity around your kids?

With so much of popular culture embracing the easy way out of polite conversation, do you find that you use profanity around your friends but never around your kids?

Blabbermouth

Asked by Blabbermouth at 2:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I used to cuss back in the day quite a bit, but that's when I was a very different person, and I had a hard time cleaning it up at first, lol, but now my life is very different and I don't swear at all. There's not a whole lot uglier than hearing a beautiful innocent little child say profane words, because they hear it at home all the time.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Fuck yes.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:30 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I try to avoid teaching my 3-year-old new vocabulary that she will be unable to use in her own, day-to-day conversations, especially considering her current fixation with saying "poopy" every chance she gets.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:32 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have a bit of a potty mouth, but I manage to not use curse words around my kids much. Usually only happens if I'm in a panic. I think the philosophy of cursing around your kids all the time and then expecting them to never repeat them is an exemplification of "Do as I say and not as I do" and that's why I don't do it. I don't need my kids letting loose with a "F***!!!!" if they drop their pencil at school, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't use it very often regardless of who I am around.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I use it often around my friends, Rarely around my kids, but thats because the last time I screamed shit my dd wouldn't stop saying it for a week.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have never curbed my language around my kids. I don't think I swear too awful much. My kids are 6 and 7 and know what words are appropriate to say. Some are ok at home and not around other people and some are never okay. They like to 'tell' on me when I swear.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I swear around just about everyone unless I've been specifically asked not to. I don't around other kids. I do around my own. I never cuss at her while talking to her, but I do around her. She knows they are grownup words and not to repeat them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• i do. i curb in whenever i can catch myself. usually in moments of pain or fear - like oh my god what is going on down bleeping run out in the middle of traffic you could be fucking dead right now

my son knows what words he can use and what words not to... he is a very quiet respectful child
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 4:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I do have a potty mouth. I try to catch myself but sometimes I forget.
    cubbies23

Answer by cubbies23 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010