Do you do more for your friends then they do for you in return?

So many of us feel guilty for not performing the slightest request of our friends only to find that they are always busy when we dare ask something in return. Does this make you feel awkward the next time they need you?

Blabbermouth

Asked by Blabbermouth at 2:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No.... Actually my husband's best friend and his wife are always doing so many nice things for us that I feel indebted to them and could not possibly repay... They are just the nicest people and very generous and giving. We needed help and they helped us for a bit... this was a kindness thing and not something you can just 'repay". They are the type that hear you casualy say "I like X" and will buy it for you if they find it while shopping. I actually makes me uncomfortable, but they don't seem to keep any score which is good bc we would lose out.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I used to, when I had fake friends. I used to really attract that type when I was younger, but it sucks always doing more for everyone else and never being able to rely on anyone yourself. I now have wonderful friends that truly love me and would give me the shirts off their back and I of course would do that for them as well in a second.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:27 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Most of them yes, but that is how I know who is a true friend and who's not.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yes. I dont have a job and only one kid, so if a friend needs a favor its easy for me to just get up and help any way I can. I have always been this way, even when I had a job. But it seems like my friends are always too busy when i need a favor.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Not my friends,but definitely my mom. She treats me like her errand boy!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2010