premature babies

I had a baby 9-18-08 and she was premature. I want to know is there ups and downs while she is in the hospital. She is doing good but am so worried and scared. Can anyone ease my mind

momtobe036

Asked by momtobe036 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• my baby was born a month early and was in the hospital for 11 days. Ask me anything and i will tell you how i felt and what ever else have you...
    MOMSART

Answer by MOMSART at 10:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• There's always going to be good and bad days. You really just have to take it one day at a time. Thankfully, we had more good days than bad. My daughter was a 26 weeker who spent three months in the NICU. Celebrate all the little things...every gram gained, the days you get to hold her, kangaroo care, bottle feeds. You'll get through it and she'll be home before you know it.

How early was your little one?
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 10:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• How premature was your daughter?

My daughter was born 9 weeks early. Thankfully her lungs were healthy, so there weren't many worries in that aspect. She had mild jaundice that only required light therapy for a couple of days. She did need to stay in the hospital until she learned to suck, swallow, and breathe at the same time...which was 4-1/2 weeks.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I WAS UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY. MY DAUGHTER WAS ALMOST 2 MONTHS EARLY. SHE HAD SEVERE JAUNDICE ~THEY ALMOST DID A BLOOD TRANSFUSION. I GOT TO TAKE HER HOME WITH ME THOUGH CAUSE HER LUNGS WERE DEVELOPED AND I WAS ABLE TO GET HER TO EAT. I HAD TO KEEP HER PLUGGED INTO THE WALL THOUGH ~ LIGHT THERAPY. HANG IN THERE MOMMY. I'M SURE THAT YOUR ANGEL WILL BE JUST FINE AND IF SHE IS IN THE HOSIPITAL SHE IS IN GREAT HANDS. JUST TAKE IT DAY-BY-DAY AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF PROGRESS. SHE WILL BO HOME BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. I SAID A PRAYER FOR YOU, YOUR DAUGHTER AND THE REST OF YOUR FAMILY.
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My daughter was born at 24wks and she stayed in the hospital for 5 months (in the NICU). Keep doing the best you can and ask for help if you need it. It's normal to feel scared and insecure.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 8:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2008