When a storm comes through town does your local meteorologist make it sound like everybody is going to die?

We had a few small tornados touch down here, but jeesh they made it sound like there were F5's coming through...I know, it's better to be safe than sorry, but it gets everyone so riled up. Is it like this everywhere?
I have no idea where to put this so I'm putting it in just for fun.

theutilitarian

Asked by theutilitarian at 3:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes,they'll pre-empt the shows and show the weather map and the storms in the area and it won't be anywhere near us,but they keep saying it could head our way,so get into the basement! like I'm going to sit down in the basement IN CASE it might head our way! Tell me when its coming down the street,then I'll go! lol My mom always gets all riled up and calls me every 5 minutes!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Yes and sometimes it's very scary!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I used to live in Indiana in a mobile home. We couldn't go out and lay in a ditch every time there was a tornado watch like they wanted people in mobile homes to do. Right, take your baby and lay in a ditch in rain, wind, thunderstorm, and maybe hail.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I know Gaill they always want us to go under our stairwells. I understand the logic, but what if we get stuck in there?
    theutilitarian

Comment by theutilitarian (original poster) at 3:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• lol. sometimes he does. It freaks out my 6 year old.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• yep.. they do that here too and it scares the hell out of my 14 yr old son.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010