Who thinks that your employer will cut your health insurance benefits if your employer has to pay taxes on it?

I think they will either drop it or raise our contribution.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 10:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes.... very small company, and they are already struggling. I may be looking into opening my own business, but that isn't looking very appetizing lately either lol... who knows.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• My boss won't do anything and our company is very small and struggling. But he understands that while his company may be struggling, all of his employees are too. So he won't raise anything.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• you are very lucky then. In florida most employers don't even offer health benefits. and if the few that do offer it have to pay taxes on it, they too will drop it.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I think if your employer is struggling to stay afloat, probably yes. If the economy should improve, I think that the tax on health benefits wouldn't be such a big deal employers are smart enough to want to hold on to good employees.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Well considering there are laws on the books mandating that employers with X amount of full time employee's provide health care coverage, I think our contributions will go up. If it's a big company they CANT drop the coverage on you. If you work for a tiny comapny, I think you will loose out all together.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Well considering there are laws on the books mandating that employers with X amount of full time employee's provide health care coverage

that varies by state.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2008