For the older single women? adult content

Do you date? I have been single a long time and have not been on a real date in decades. Is it okay for a woman to ask a man to dinner or to a movie? I am sure that the times have changed since I began dating way back before most of the mom's here were born. Any advice, let me know. I have thought about joining one of those dating groups you see advertised on TV. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 3:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm not single, but yes it is okay. You might also meet possible dates at a church or volunteer club.... Have fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Well, you should practice flirting. Men love that. Just smile a lot and ask them lots of questions about themselves. That is a surefire way to get a man interested. If he doesn't ask you out then maybe suggest a good movie or resturant. See if he gets the hint. If this still doesn't get it just say something like, "it would be fun to go together, what do you think?" Good luck!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I've always asked guys out. It doesn't bother me. It gives them a chance to see I'm not the kind to sit around and let life pass me by! I meet a lot of guys doing volunteer work. I've also met a lot online but once I met SO a few years ago I was no longer interested in dating other men.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I'm not single now but when I was, I had no problem asking a man out.But as far as those Date Services,please be careful & do some research before tring it out. Good luck!!! : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 10:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• A great majority of men on the dating sites are looking for nothing but a quick "hook up". They will tell you everything you want/need to hear, act real nice...but its all a show. Please, please be very careful with yourself. I like the idea above about meeting someone at Chruch or through some programs you are already involved in. Best wishes!!!!
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I have put my name on a list of a large Church here in my town that has field trips for singles. It is a group activity so I won't be excluded if it were only a few people  getting together. I have looked at Match.com and other services like that, not only is it not 'safe', IMHO, but it is also extremely expensive. I live near a large military base and being prior military I can play a round of golf for about $20. It is easy to find someone to play with. I am also going to look at the base gym and also the base hobby shops. I will keep you updated on my progress.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2010