My babies testicles

I was just bathing my son when I noticed that one testicle was a lot bigger than the other. Like one was a round grape shape and the other was a elongated shape. Is this normal? He is now 5 weeks old

firstmommy554

Asked by firstmommy554 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes... most men have a larger testicle. My boys have it to, they are 12 weeks old.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 10:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I think it's the same as our boobs one is always bigger than the other
    TheQueenPin

Answer by TheQueenPin at 10:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• actually check it again and bring it up to his doctor, my son has one that is larger, and its not his testicle, its actually the sack, and its called a hydrocele, and can lead to further problems if it doesnt correct itself by year one. If my sons sack grows or changes anymore, he may have to have an operation, the hydrocele allows fluid to pass from the scrotum to the abdominal cavity, and it could also cause a hernia. I would bring it up to his doctor in a couple of weeks, or he may notice himself, cause they do a thorough check of the groin. Good luck and if you have any ??? just message me
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Thank you very much I definately will bring it up to the dr.
    firstmommy554

Answer by firstmommy554 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I was told recently that I should check my son;s testicles( he's 7). I have no idea how or how often this should be done or if we really need too?
    lindaprocirc

Answer by lindaprocirc at 3:20 PM on Sep. 11, 2009