why do they think im stupid

well my son is four months old and i will be takeing him trick treating and my husband thinks im stuipd for doing it and his family is laughing at me , well i told them that he can go trick or treating because they make costumes for him in that size anyways.. do you think im stupid?

aidensmom262

Asked by aidensmom262 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• No not at all it's your baby...He won't remember much, but you could take lots of pictures and show him when he is oldder..
    TheQueenPin

Answer by TheQueenPin at 10:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I dont think you are crazy
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my son was only 9 days old his first halloween so we didnt go out, plus that was the day my hubby left for iraq, so i left a bowl of candy on the doorstep, but my friends baby was a month old his first halloween and she took him out. i dont see a prob with it. i think those costumes are cute. obviously if its too cold i wouldnt stay out too long, but its making good memories
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• my daughter is six months and we're staying home to pass out the candy..but that's only because i don't feel like trick or treating since she wont remember it..it's not stupid tho..halloween was made for kids to go trick or treating right?
    Anonymous

• no ofcourse not if you want to take your baby trick or treating go right ahead! take tons of pictures! there so cute when there that little! i miss those days!! lol have fun! dont worry about what they think its your little one and you do what you want!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Its a mom thing. I think most all mothers do that. Its his first year and you can take pictures to remember it. I think they are just so cute that small wearing little costumes. You do what you want and pay no attention to what anyone else says.
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Hey mom take pictures & film it. He will enjoy when he is older. Why don't you dress up also. Its not like he is going to eat the candy. I'm assuming that you are going to the people who would love to see him, that on a normal night you would not be able to see. As a mother we want our kids to be able to be involved with all things. Life is to short not to be able live everyday for what it gives us. ( Good for You) You are not stupid just a piratical mother.

Tinkerbell3396

Answer by Tinkerbell3396 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• The point of trick or treating is for the kids to get candy not YOU! At 4 months he is TOO young to be trick or treating. Your being silly, but not stupid.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• not stupid..just..crazy..lol..i get the fact that you wanna create memories for your baby, and so you should..but to actually take him trick or treating??? i wouldnt give a baby that young candy..he cant eat it..im mean, unless youre going with other ppl who have older kids that will be trick or treating then fine..but to go by yourself with JUST a 4 month old??!! yaaa..kinda crazy!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You arent stupid but is he going to eat the candy? I'm going to go to a halloween carnival with my 8 month old. Just so she can wear her costume and I can show everyone how cute she is!!!! You're going to get tired of it anyways, carrying the baby to and from and people looking at you like your crazy and that the candy is just for you. If you really want to then go! It's not really that big of a deal.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:07 AM on Oct. 3, 2008