Why is there so much racism and hate in America?

erin7420

Asked by erin7420 at 3:51 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Some times I have that same question, I don't really know but I have notice that it has increase lately. Maybe is for all the economical problems, I really dont know.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 4:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Because people are free to do it.
    No really it's because we have so many different cultures, religions, races, etc. in the same country your going to find more hate against each other than any where else. I wish it weren't true I hate racism, but it is.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think it boils down to ignorance. We must learn to come together as one Nation and we will be able to solve our problems together. I think we also need to take some of the power back from those in Washington DC and be in control of our own lives. It may feel nice to have someone make all the hard choices, but then you are at the mercy of whomever is making that choice for you.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 4:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I think alot of it stems from ignorance. People tend to fear and hate what they do not understand. I think its sad that in this day and age and in this country there is so much of it.
    erin7420

Comment by erin7420 (original poster) at 4:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• As long as there are people who defend racist and hateful acts they will continue. If you think calling someone a black expletive is racist then when someone says white expletive it should be viewed the same. If you think saying all Muslims are terrorists as hateful then you should feel the same when people say all Christians are bombing abortion clinics. When you tolerate anyone doing these things it will continue. Sorry if my spelling or punctuation is horrid I'm on my phone in bed wishing I could sleep lol
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I feel it gets worse, the more people find out what Dimocrats are up to.

Mr. Obama's administration is making it worse.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I don't think it's really worse in America than anywhere else. It's a world wide thing, and it comes from people believing different things and having different cultures. People are most comfortable with those that are like them, and can feel threatened by those who are different. And it comes from the human tendency to desire power and riches.

Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 7:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Mr. Obama's administration is making it worse.

Yup, because all the racist feel like they can say it out loud now....at least we SEE WHO THEY ARE NOW.....

nerdy

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Not cool Sweet. Personal attacks first thing in the morning, and of people who are not even in the thread.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 8:57 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Not attacks...sorry if you feel they are...maybe Ill suck up the points and delete them for the sake of being civil

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010