Homeschool, public school or private school?

erin7420

Asked by erin7420 at 3:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Look at your local choices for Public and Private and your ability to home-school and weigh the pros and cons and make your decision based upon that. My children go to Public schools because our local public schools are some of the best in the state. At the time my children were entering schools here, the only private options was a poorly run catholic school (we aren't catholic) or one that would have them on a bus for over 3 hrs a day. And I knew that I didn't have the patience to home-school.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:25 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• The parent's individual choice.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• public or private 4 me
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 4:00 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We homeschool cuz the publioc schools here are crappy!! Our homeschool program is starting to offer classroom time I am looking into it tomorrow to see if I want to send my kids there or if we have to travel on the public bus 2 hours each way to the next towns schools.AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:02 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We are doing private school.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:07 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• We homeschool. We did try public, then private, school, but public schools here are lousy and private school is too costly for us.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• I am hoping to send DS to a private school next year because not only are the public schools here terrible the elementary school he is supposed to go to has over 1300 kids in it with class sizes that have about 31 kids even in kindergarten. If private school doesn't work out I don't know what I am going to do. If there wasn't so much overcrowding and the schools were better public school would be an option.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:35 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Private is not an option for us, too costly & just because its private doesnt mean its better, i guess since i never went/ never knew anyone from private schools Im clueless about them..
    We struggle alot with deciding HS/PS.. and go up & down with the decision... Its hard since DD is an October baby so she will be going a year "late".. Yes she seems to know the same, if not more than kids that will be going "on time".. So im worried a choice of public school may not be right for her because of boredom.. Only time will tell how it all pans out :/

Every family has to make their own personal choice. No one can make the decision but the family!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Public school for us.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Whatever works for each particular family. I would love to homeschool, but in our state it requires a lot of paper work etc and I don't think I am organized enough to do it and private we just can't afford so we do public and i teach them at home a lot and do homeschool preschool. My oldest is just starting kindergarten this year, but if he has issues of boredom etc then you bet I will be looking at homeschool again.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2010