can you get pregnant on the depo shot?

just curious can you get pregnant on the depo? i'm sick to my stomach in the mornings, and very tired everymorning, been sleeping in more and more.

Ittybitty22

Asked by Ittybitty22 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is possiable. Just like with any birth control there is still a very small chance u can get pregnant. If you miss your period and are really concerned, make an apointment with your doctor! Or try one of those home pregnancy tests. Good luck!
    kaylaylshfr

Answer by kaylaylshfr at 9:05 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• No birth control is 100% effective so yes you can
    cougarkristi

Answer by cougarkristi at 9:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• well i had a negative test, and no period since i deliverd in feb,21,08, this is my 2nd shot, and due for another in aug. so kinda concerned, as i had problems with b.c b4 and my last baby is a miracle baby, as they diagnosed her as a molar pregancy
    Ittybitty22

Answer by Ittybitty22 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• The depo shot tends to make it so that it's not only nearly impossible to get pregnant while on it, but just as nearly impossible to get pregnant when you get OFF it. It can stop your ovulation for up to one year after you stop getting the shots. However, you still CAN get pregnant even though it's not likely. I got pregnant with my son approximately 2 weeks after my last shot wore off which almost never happens.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• "this is my 2nd shot, and due for another in aug. "

Many times the shot will actually stop your periods from coming. I never had a period while on the depo shot for nearly a year. And I've known women who have been on it 3 years with no periods.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i did. My 9 month old was concived while I was on it.
    Lovinglife002

Answer by Lovinglife002 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• 2 of my three boys were conceived while on depo
    tcanady

Answer by tcanady at 9:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• yes
    chadsmom05

Answer by chadsmom05 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• yes most deff. i am 12 weeks along and was on the shot for two years and still on it when i found out the news

Amanda
    mama_needs_help

Answer by mama_needs_help at 10:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

Amanda
    mama_needs_help

Answer by mama_needs_help at 10:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2008