im pregnant and im really nervous! im only 17 i dont know what to expect or what to do! how can i get through this and have my baby without stressing?

young mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There is no way around it, you are going to be nervous and stressed. It would be nice to have an answer for you, however, you are experiencing the fear of the unknown. I too am pregnant with my first at the age of 30 and have a career as a nurse. I too suffer greatly from the fear of the unknown. Your fears are amplified by your age and I cannot relate, I can just try empathy to try to fel where you come from. It is great that you have joined a support site like this one and that you recognize that your mental and emotional health is important.

Just keep reading, educate yourself, and keep looking for great support systems. This is the best advice I can give.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had my first at 16, so I know how scared you must feel. What helped me was to buy books like "What to expect when you're expecting" and educate myself about everything. I also subscribed to magazines like "Parents". I felt more prepared when I knew what was happening to my body and what was going to happen. I also recommend a childbirth class. Good Luck!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Pregnancy Symptoms - What to Expect When You're Pregant - Babyzone ...
    Your Pregnant Body: What to Expect A woman's body experiences so many changes throughout pregnancy. Some are ... Pregnancy Foot Care: Your Top 5 Questions ...
    www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/health_wellness/symptoms-index
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Your stress has nothing to do with your age. Its natural. I was nervous at first and then calmed down. Now I'm about 10 weeks away from my delivery date and nervous all over again. As long as you take care of yourself during this pregnancy, you'll look back later and laugh your head off. I think.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 2:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• darlin, get used to it. this is the easy part. take a deep breath, tell yourself, i am strong, i am brave, i am a mom. then, call up a girlfriend and chat about it. lots of times just saying it helps. and remember, god wouldnt' give you a baby with out giving you the instincts you need to raise it. adn i think the fact that you are nervous about doign it shows you are going to be a great mom. a bad mom wouldn't be worried.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I was 16 when I got pregnant and 17 when I delivered my daughter. I was under a lot of stress between my boyfriend ditching me, my mom wanting me to give my child up for adoption, and just feeling left out. However, despite it all, I graduated on time and walked with my class with my 5 month old daughter in the audience. I am now the happy mommy of 3 kids and married to the love of my life (not my boyfriend of the past).

You can do this. You made the conscious decision to have sex and ended up pregnant, and I won't sugar coat it for you, it will be difficult. But, in the end, the more YOU sacrifice for your baby, the better it will be. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 3:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2008